Tuesday, September 16, 2008

new projects

So after an 'interesting' week I find myself with some projects to fill my time - unfortunately I can't start them until "the house" has been emptied of its contents. We will have to repaint and recarpet but we have also decided it is a good time to repaint the exterior and possibly renovate the bathroom and possibly the kitchen and 'do' something with the yard. All this with the intention to up the rent returns.
We have long held thoughts of sub dividing the block but with a few quick www.site visits my bro-in-law (who has done some redeveloping) has put those thoughts to rest due to the size and zoning of the block. It may have been possible but not without lots wheeling & dealing with the council, so we have the options of doing up to sell or to raise the rent.... I still have some emotional attachment to the house so don't want to sell (yet) -this was the house I bought all by myself, my first home where I thought I'd be living out my days....
So soon I will be getting colour swatches & quotes...and disappointed at the cost of all my brilliant ideas. But at least I will have a 'project' again -seems to me I am happier that way.....

of course this all will be another diversion to getting the projects needing to be done in our family delayed, yet again.....

1 comment:

Le said...

Hello Honey - you are the one to make this all happen and pull back together into a decent family home ...

You have the skill, talent and ohhpp to make this happen - go girl !! xoxoxo