There were a group of scouts camping nearby and they were shouting about a snake so we duly had to go and check it out - it was some hugemungus python! Fairly safely asleep(?) in a patch of sun at the base of a tree. Across the road from the campground but big enough to reinforce YD's parania about snakes....
There were some amazing huge trees with interesting knot thingys and finally the lookout was lovely ( but didn't have any barriers to stop little uns falling over the cliff so we couldn't sit and relax!). The boys thought the walk back was a little scarey as the sun was going down but we actually got back in time to wander up to the lodge to see the sun actually set so it wasn't that dark!
It was after our walk when I had just finished cooking dinner that I discovered a dreaded tick on my neck!!! eeeewww! YD gallantly pulled it off but I seemed to be allergic to it and my neck swelled somewhat and was quite sore for the next few days. Still is a bit....
Our next day involved a few other short walks and part walks - very hard with *boy's short legs... but it really tired the boys out. Unfortunately I decided we would eat at the (very exy) restaurant buffet that night which was a bad decision in many ways but the most being that the buffet wasn't a quick serve yourself one and the 6.30pm start time meant we were lcky to get ourselves out by 8.30 by which time the boys were almost asleep at the table....and had only eaten 6 slices of bread and a sausage between them (for the cost of $20). The staff were very nice and tried to get things going for us as quick as possible tho.
Then we had the walk back to the campsite.....in pitch dark night time. I had thought to take a torch but its little glow wasn't very wide in such darkness. We did point out how wonderful the stars were but *Boy especially was more than a little scared. All the was over tho when we found about 15 Pademelons (kinda like little roos) in our torchlight just as we got close to the camp.
My photos were taken with my NEW CAMERA - a panasonic lumix FZ35 -which was my birthday pressie. I haven't yet read the manual but its a beautiful camera!
I did have a problem with the computer crashing and wiping the card tho halfway thru downloading the pics. I would like to again thank Fe for her help and recommend the free recovery program I found called PicaJet which got most of my pics back.




3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun!! Except the snake. I wouldn't handle that very well (scary shuddery icky-ness happening).
So glad I could help with the pics, although I didn't really. I"ll look into PicaJet for next time (which, fingers crossed, won't ever happen).
Ack! Did you really get that close to the snake??? These pictures - especially of the knotty tree and your men - is very fairytale forest. I hope you're doing well!
Yeah, I'll pass on the snake bit as well. Although my son may well have been one of those scouts!
Post a Comment