Tuesday, December 21, 2010

4 days to christmas...

So it's looking like a wet Xmas this year, to go with the rest of the wet month....so much rain - to think we had all those water restrictions and 10% dam levels just over a year ago and today they are releasing water from the local dam on a daily basis...well its keeping Karen busy with all her water sampling!

I think I have finished Xmas shopping after spending most of yesterday looking for an origami book for #1 -his request to Santa.... Just have to collect a few things to go in M-i-L's toiletry bag from the supermarket and that's it.
I've spent the morning building up a blog for the in-laws to post on while they travel Europe next year - that's going to be called F-i-L's Xmas present. I've spent hours on it, so I hope they use it!


We were supposed to celebrate our 9th Anniversary on Sunday nite, however plans got changed when an old friend from Sydney came up to the Gold Coast for holidays and decided they would visit for dinner on Sunday....while they didn't arrive (minus husband) until 6.15pm, it was lovely to see her and the girls....would have been better if they had have arrived during the arvo tho - and due to the rain we ended up bedding them all down for the night and they left at 6.30am. So a 12 hour visit -shame we slept thru most of it!

And the week ahead? Wrapping presents, covering books and keeping the boys from beating each other up as they go slowly stir crazy from being kept inside again....

1 comment:

Le said...

hey sweetie - its warm rain yes ? stick em outside :) see you soon - have a great xmas le xoxo