Sunday, September 14, 2008

the aftermath

the lounge & into the hallway of our rental.


So this is the mess a place is left in after a murder crime scene...yes it appears to have been murder and the boyfriend has been arrested. Nothing I'd seen on CSI quite prepared me for such a huge mess with so many of the walls covered floor to door height with the fingerprinting dust. Added to this the dust has been walked into the bedroom carpets, the windows had been left open and the rubbish bins tipped out across the yard.
After an evening of stressing and coming to terms with it all I have asked the police about it to find that the justice dept. would pay for the clean up. However I have a feeling if we hadn't asked we wouldn't have been offered any help.

In all this week has been quite a learning experience that I don't need repeated. Some interesting stuff I would never have otherwise discovered but really probably would have preferred not to.
And we are still left with the question of who will ever rent the place again....apparently we have to advise potential tenants that there was a death in the house (nothing more but it wouldn't be hard for them to find out....). I think once its all cleaned I'll go to a new age shop and get something to clean the houses' aura or something.......

2 comments:

Graeme said...

my god - what a mess!! no wonder you are repainting...

Dee said...

Wow - I can't believe they fingerprinted all that, amazing.