Last Friday was my birthday -in the 40's so don't need to elaborate further.... I managed to make my day a family occasion taking my kids to a park outing, seeing 'Wall-E' at the movies then sharing chocolate cake with my parents, sister, her kids on our back deck. As an adult treat I had thai takeaway while living vicariously thru the travels tales of a Bestie & her hubby who have just returned from Europe.
I also managed to drag my celebrations over to Sunday lunch with my nearest & dearest old school friends -who also showered me with love & gifts.
We have a semi-regular 6 weekly lunch date which culminates in something a little extra special for Xmas. This year we have a secret santa challenge to exchange only handmade -by us- gifts for each other. We are quite varied in our talents so this will no doubt have an interesting outcome.
Yesterdays lunch was delicious and topics of conversation didn't disappoint ranging over successful home haircut & dyes, forceful resignations, my horror house story, holiday tales, ridiculous employment contracts, new business ventures and the successful chat up & snogging of a mere 29 year old boy!
We are a varied bunch but some how ties have kept us together as friends over the years since we left school in '84. We have moved around, married, divorced or stayed single, travelled widely. are workers, home mums or both but we all ended up back in Brisbane to share our lives with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Oh goodness, a belated happy birthday. We are shocking - considering how good you are. I heard Wall e is really good - its on my list to see...
maybe we are the sexy six ... yes ??? hugs le
Hello! I finally managed to check your blog. It's lovely - especially the chicken post. Happy Birthday for Friday!
H
Post a Comment