Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I see a rainbow

So I sit, tired again from another day painting the house, trying to remember all the brilliant thoughts which have floated thru my brain as I painted which I thought would make great things to write about here....I also think of some gems in the shower but struggle to remember them also when I finally make it to some me time on the computer....

Things are drawing to a close with the house. The new bedroom carpets are due Thursday and I think only the kitchen and laundry have any major work left. The garden needs a general tidy up too but I can see the end.....and there's a rainbow....and hopefully a new tenant!

My parents have been a wonderful help thru all this, taking turns of minding the kids and helping to paint etc. and even doing school pick ups. Couldn't have done so much without them.

We decided to get the outside of the house painted while it was empty too and were lucky enough to get a painter who could do it straight away -he's done a pretty good job too. I tried to go for one of the trendy 'neutral' colours that are doing the rounds at the moment -not quite sure if I got it right but and fairly happy with the result -maybe it could have been a shade darker? The colour I chose was a 'warm' neutral, I didn't want it looking grey but it has turned out slightly pinker than I expected. (you can't really tell in the pic) Teamed with the white & dark blue tho I think it'll be fine.

I've used pretty much the same neutral (pink) colour inside where we've had to do the most painting. Only last year we painted some of the rooms a light blue which survived with only some patching needed -probably due to the fact it was new paint. This new light colour scheme looks good but is a long way from the bright blue & terracotta I had when I lived there.

I can't wait for it all to be done so I can get my life back....yes even just doing all the washing sounds good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello lovey ... coming to you from rainy airlie beach .... it is crap here ... will be glad to be home tomorrow nite ...

I have driven past the house looks nice - very freshed up.

talk soon le xoxoxo

Graeme said...

The colour looks great - nice looking house too