There has been at least 1 death and lots of injuries and some wonderful near escape stories. The has also been some stunning photography -I can't catch the lightening for trying!
And it didn't stop on Sunday afternoon -we were hit again on Wednesday night and Thurday evening however again both times our suburb was on the edge of the worst of it. Luckily Saturdays predited storm just blew (&blew& blew) itself out thru the afternoon with no rain.

As I drove out to school on Monday morning I couldn't get over the size of the trees that had fallen or broken. Some huge gums had just snapped -we live along side a bushforest park so there was a range of sizes to see. The photo was taken last Tuesday so that pathway had been cleared a bit by then but you can see some of the large branches.
I was out in Thursday nights storm -very scarey with lightening strikes all around and some power lines I had to drive over and minor flash flooding I had to get my car thru. I think we have been lucky these storms have been short in their violence -each has only lasted 15-30mins.
It hasn't just been the storm we have had to talk about this past week -the weather in general has been very erratic -from 31'c steamy hot days (23' at 6am the other morning) down to nights snuggled under the doona (duvet) the next and yesterday the cool wind didn't stop.
After our cool temps yesterday, I saw on the news there was a 20cm snowfall in the snowfields -this in Novemeber....maybe we can start thinking of a white Aussie Xmas!
The weather guys tell us to expect more of the same -and cyclones along the qld coast- so here's hoping we all get thru it!
(bottom image by Paige Rodman -Iron Bark Gullysourced from Courier Mail gallery)




2 comments:
Glad you survived the storm, the one on Thursday was amazing, the constant lightning made me feel like i was in an 80's nightclub with the strobe lights going off! Love your cards you made too, lucky teachers.. :-)
Hey! My market is this weekend... should be good i hope! Leftover stock will just become Christmas presents anyway...
The jacket is so cool on the Katy Kitty doll is very cool... I don't know if i have the patience to make something so fiddly though, but i am going to give it a crack..!
Post a Comment