Saturday, November 29, 2008

Xmas '08 begins

Here are my Gossip Girls...... I think we are holding up pretty well for a bunch of old girls!
Today we dined in the very nice surroundings of the Marriott hotel -where we stuffed ourselves silly (but in a dignified manner) - as we gathered for our christmas lunch celebration. It's now 7.15pm and I haven't needed to eat anything else yet!

So yes today was the day we gave our secret santa hand made pressies and we all performed outstandingly well I think...its true -everyone can make something! My gift included coconut ice, biscuits and some lovely cards. Others made a christmas cake, a xmas tree, a very clever pop out box of fotos, a scarf (well its not always hot here!), biscuits, santa stockings and my gift has been shown previously.

As always, after one of these lunches I feel so glad these girls are in my life, we may not all talk even once a week but the friendship we share has lasted thru the years and its nice to know there's always someone there for you.

2 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

what a lovely group of gals! How wonderful to connect with other women on a regular basis. All women need this. Look at Le in that cute dress. You all look so classy.

Le said...

love you too baby face :)