Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fete taking over


A while back I mentioned I had, in a moment of madness, taken on the job of school fete co-ordinator. It is becoming somewhat consuming, but I have to say I am quite enjoying it. My days now have a little more purpose than before...

This is my latest effort ->
a poster for the local shops etc.
A b&w version will be the front of the Fete's flyer.
(yes the real one does have school name & address on it!)

I have also been bringing home all the donations being made to the 2nd hand stalls to sort them (books/toys/clothes/trash'n'treasure) which i have to say I have enjoyed no end. The quality of donations have varied from new to 'I can't believe they think anyone would buy that!'. Some stuff I have tossed as it was damaged etc but a few things have been very hard to pass up - perhaps a garage shopper isn't the best person for this job! The boys too have smuggled several items upstairs onthe condition they are returned for the fete.

SO now I pray for a sunny day and no 'Swine' flu outbreak!



Unfortunately, we have had a slow speed week on our internet connection so I haven't been leaving many comments of late, but I have been erratically lurking.

4 comments:

Le said...

now I had just said to MIC how much happier you seemed since taking on the school fete and it is true :) ya you

I have the boys headcold now -poop - talk soon le xoxoxo

Graeme said...

wow, great poster - good job!

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

i do know what you mean about days with greater purpose, but of course, your purpose - a brilliant one. Mother. I don't care what any of the naysayers say....

hester said...

The poster looks great and you're a braver and more capable woman than I am. Convening the face painting stall at our fete last year was nearly the end of me. Lucky for me you came to the rescue with the "how to" pictures.

Thanks for dropping in to Hester's Garden.