It was a really wonderful thing for me to take on. As I mentioned before, it gave me a purpose in my unemployed mother life and the response from everyone was just sooo nice I will have to do it again, at least for another year (or 2).
I may even have managed to loose a tiny bit of weight as over the 3 days (Pre/post/feteday) I think I managed to rack up a few Kms dashing around the school grounds. My feet sure hurt heaps & I would have loved a massage or 2 those nites!
I had lists upon lists about everything and a great team who actually seemed to listen and our set up went relatively smoothly, once everything arrived. With only one mishap of a table buckling under the weight of 2nd hand books -luckily I was the only one close at the time.
The Fete day was blessed with perfect weather which I'm sure, helped with the larger crowds. All the rides were very popluar, stalls were well visited and the food court held out until about 4.30 after which the pizzas started arriving after 5 for dinners. I have to say 'my' face painters did a wonderful job making 3 times the total we did last year, with less painters. Our entertainment stage kept the crowds entertained and the auctions raised a nice total. The fireworks were absolutely SPECTACULAR!
My only 'emergency' to be dealt with all day was to make a sign directing prepaid -> & cash <- for the huge line up at the ride armband sales. Chasing people out of the tree cover at dusk was fun along with moving the large crowd back from the fireworks area -something we'll need to make more obvious next year! The best bit for me tho was seeing all the smiling faces -especially after the fireworks as everyone left. Many said thanks to me -as if I did it all myself and I was just glad to have been a part of it all. I haven't smiled as much in one day since my wedding! It proved again that what you give comes back to you.
Unfortunately, My photos of the day were mostly of set ups etc so I don't have much to illustrate here with but here are a few.....




No comments:
Post a Comment