Yesterday I made thankyou/ Xmas cards for #1son's school teacher & aide. As a class we are giving some gift vouchers in the hope they might find themselves something nice and not have them ending up with 20 coffee mugs and boxes of chocolates (not that that would ever be a bad thing). I think the cards came up pretty well and everyone started signing them this morning.
I also whipped up this heat bag as the last part of my secret santa gift. It was very easy and I even had some dried lavender to add to the rice so it will smell nice (at least for a while). I was glad to find such a nice, simple & useful thing to make with this pretty piece of corduroy amongst my remnants.
I read thru several online tutorials and they all used rice inside instead of the wheat I thought was usual so hopefully it will work 'just as good as a bought one'!
I also came across these 'repurposed' paint sample notebook as I cruised the crafty websites so had to have a go at them too as I had a heap in the cupboard from all my painting forays.
They are nice and pretty but I think I may do some further decorating when the urge takes me....... might make enough for #1son to give in his school xmas cards -better than a candy cane!




1 comment:
I was going to make these wee paint jotter books too - thought they were so cute :) see you sat 11.40am ish - hugs le
Post a Comment