Today I forgot my camera - this post would have been full of happy #1Son shots if I hadn't.
For some bonding time while *Boy was at kindy, #1Son & I and my Mum went into the South Bank Arts precinct which includes MOMA (modern art), Brisbane Library, Museum & Art Gallery. He had a BALL!
First up we had the ever exciting bus trip - well there was a new detour to my old route on to the new busway then thru all the new tunnels under the city.....not sure if I know where to catch a bus from any more in town, it has all changed so much! #1 was delited with all the buses.
Modern art isn't really my thing and I didn't really get a lot out of what was on the walls but the stuff they had for kids was just great. We drew in textas the 'unseen heros' onto cards, planted wheat grass in paper pots full of shredded paper, coloured in a 3d card castle and made creations out of board in a 'bluelight' flouro room - where the joys of wearing white and the colour of teeth were an amusment on there own.... There were other drawing options but #1 wanted to move on.
We stopped of a somewhat overpriced lunch (but it could be forgiven with what was on offer) then moved over to the Library. Again there were options to do collage, make crowns or masks but #1 wanted to try out juggling and plate balancing..but not the hoola hoops.
From there we detoured thru the art gallery where the water features intrigued #1...''how does the water get in there"'won't it spill on the floor".....then looked at the Humpback Whales suspended in the walk thru before doing a fairly quick (ie at 5 yo pace) thru the Museum. It was a joy to hear so many "oh wow"s (and we have been there beore too!)
So Mum & I wound up with some very tired feet but it was an enjoyable & hopefully memorable day and best of all it was nearly all free. gotta love that!
ps. * Boy also had a nice day at Kindy .....I'm thinking I might take him in for the day once school starts back....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I love the face paint below, I just can't get the comment box to work ;)
Post a Comment