Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the Wolfe Brothers

The last 2 days I have spent being inspired by the wonderfully clever, giving and positive vibe flowing Nick & Brian Wolfe, identical twins well known in face & body art circles around the world. They started out in the highly competitive painting world in Orlando FL and have a couple of movie credits for Special FX, have left behind a growing paint supply business, have several how to books published and now travel the world teaching, judging and competing (&winning) in face & body competitions around the world. What a life!



Day 1 we spent painting rubber heads.....doing cool, ultra fast skulls, tribal designs, stars and flames. Then the guys showed us a little more, whipping off things like dino skeltons in moments.














After lunch we moved on to learning basic face parts - highlighting & shadows, expression....

That's my head there -1st in line. I'm pretty impressed!!

........Then the guys again wandered thru the room transforming the basic faces into an array of scarey 'boy' faces.....see, so easy!!!
















Day 2 we all returned a little tired as so many of us had been kept up with all the info being sorted thru our heads all night. We started with bruises, scratches, bullet wounds & blood splatters. Yes it was special effects (and gore) day!

Then using the basic from the day b4 we were shown how to do the 'ripped of skin' look....he did it so easily! I can't wait to try.

After lunch we went on to showing how to do latex effects which was pretty cool then finished the official lessons with a full on SFX (pre made) mask -attachment, adding horns, painting it and finishing up with those freaky contacts & teeth. If they hadn't have been teaching us I reckon they would have whipped this one up in 15-20 minutes easily.
















Then they started to play and painted just about all of us -I was about 15th and suggested just a little dragon.....and got this work of art......I didn't want to wash it off.


2 comments:

Fe said...

Wow! What an awesome thing to do!! I love the dragon... and all of them.

I'm so glad you're following your passion and doing this.

xoxo

Le said...

holey mackeral I see a whole new career for you babe !! le