

This year one of our neighbours got very much into the spirit of things and had us over for a BBQ. Lamb, mango salad, pav & lamingtons were amongst a huge spread.
After a swim and eating we ventured out into our street ( a dead end) and had gum boot tossing, cooeee calling then for a finale' 2 toad races. The kids were all very excited - some had been toad catchers and were sure they could pick the winners.
The winner was Big Warty and a disgusting speciman he was too!
______________________
Earlier in the day I did my face painting stint at the RSL which was extended to 4 hours during the 3rd. Not that I minded, it wasn't very busy and I was sitting in the nice coooool air conditioned foyer. Did quite a few faces but only got to do 1 koala which I thought would have been more popular. Anyway they were pleased with the work so if they want a painter again I think they'll call us -which is what its all about!




No comments:
Post a Comment