On my 25th birthday (in October) I arrived, alone in the big smoke of London. I found somewhere to live and secured a job but found friends a bit hard to come by, not having someone to do any introducing....
Come February I thought it was time to get out and start getting over to Europe and where better to start than a visit to the Venice Carnivale??? SO I got me butt booked on a tour that travelled across to Paris, down thru Germany & Switzerland to Italy for a couple of days in Venice then back to London.
So it was cold and bloody early the morning of Valentine's Day when I stood on Kensington High St alone and wondering whether I was in the right place, when I was finally approached by another muffled up person carrying a bag - are you going to Venice? she asked and thus started a conversation that lasted all the way to Paris and has continued from then on...
We have returned to our respective homes (she's in NZ), got ourselves married and produced some kidlets but tho our face to face contact time is sorely limited now our friendship endured. She also has unfailingly sent me a valentine's day card each year...I fail to remember to get organised nearly every year but really do appriciate the friendship, memories and love she has shown over the years..
Make a Grunge Heart at WiddlyTinks.com




1 comment:
Awww... that's a beautiful story! And lovely that you and she celebrate your anniversary. x
Post a Comment